Read All About N-Gage's exclusive first review on Pathway to Glory.
Nokia's Pathway to Glory Site.
Direct Link to Pathway To Glory Demo (PC based Self Extracting Zip)
Pathway to Glory Demo Walkthrough on N-Gage Arena.
World War II in Southern Europe, 1943: the struggle for Europe is at a critical point. Special forces are urgently needed, and you're going to lead a platoon of them. But be prepared for full immersion: one look at the painstakingly researched uniforms, weapon types, and locations, and you'll be itching to get on the battlefield. With intuitive controls and nearly innumerable variables in gameplay, Pathway to Glory is like any great game - it takes a moment to learn, and a lifetime to master. Pathway to Glory is the most anticipated N-Gage title for 2004, and rightly so - it's built to deliver more depth in detail, emotion, and playing experience than any other mobile game made before.
- WWII consultants worked on the game to ensure historically accurate missions, ranging from search and destroy to reconnaissance to transporting vitally needed materials
- For those keeping track of the details: the making of Pathway to Glory took more than 800 different sprites for highly detailed graphics, 100 in-game illustrations, thousands of real-world photographs of locations, and 16 in-game languages - even motion-capturing 160 Finnish soldiers for awesomely authentic troop movement and behavior
- A stunning range of weaponry is at your disposal, including tanks, planes (if you call in an air strike), and anything usable you find on the battlefield. However, the more your soldiers carry, the slower they'll be
- Turn-based strategy with non-stop action: each round you'll get action points to move your troops into position and give orders - but that doesn't mean you just sit and wait for the round to finish! Save some points for your defensive moves, and you'll be able to react when you're taking a beating
- Each of your soldiers can gain experience, new skills, and weapons - even medals - and they each have a distinct personality. Add in realistic voice acting, and you're about to get emotionally attached toa whole platoon of characters
- Every object on the battlefield is destructible - and once it's destroyed, it stays destroyed
- Find out where you stand: the push of a button gives you a bird's eye view so you can quickly regain control of a precarious situation
- In addition to the rich 1-player storyline, Pathway to Glory features the kind of multiplayer options that N-Gage was made for: go against another player using the same game deck with the Hot Seat option, or connect via Bluetooth technology and go head-to-head. Tweak soldier skill level, number of opponents, and other variables to keep the challenges coming
- Connect to the N-Gage Arena and for multiplayer warfare in the global community - plus you can chat with other players and see your global ranking. Fight cooperatively with another player's platoon against a common enemy, and be ready to move when they radio over for backup